Monday, February 19, 2007

Preparing for the divorce

I had this question asked me in the past few months and I thought I had a pretty good explanation until I found these posts at the Kansas Divorce & Family Law Blog from the Alabama Family Law Blog, and the Oklahoma Family Law Blog.

Preparing for a Divorce: Step 1 - Find a Wise Guide

Should I move out of the house?

(I would say that the paragraph on what to do about moving out if there are children contains some great ideas that I never really had thought of before reading this. On the other hand, I do think that it has been a very long time since I had a factual situation where a mother was forced from the home. Indiana's protective order statute has dealt with those situations rather handily.)

Preparing for Divorce: Step 2 - Make an accounting of the family finances


I suggest reading this if you are contemplating a divorce or e-mail this post to anyone you think who might be thinking of divorce and make sure they read them.

No comments: