Saturday, October 20, 2007

Follow court orders!

"'Petitioner's (Britney's) visitation with the minor children is suspended pending Petitioner's compliance with the court orders,' the order said." Court Suspends Spears' Visits With Kids.

Celebrities must. So do the rest of us. Just a little reminder, in case anyone forgot.

  • Do not pay child support as ordered: look for a contempt affidavit.
  • Obstruct or deny visitation: look for a contempt affidavit.
  • Do not comply with orders to provide documents or do something: look for a contempt affidavit.
I do not say that there might not be a defense that justifies your behavior. I will tell you that a judge may not find your actions defensible.

Two tips to avoid these problems:
  1. As my mother used to tell me when I was a child: behave well in public.
  2. Get legal counsel before doing any rash.
If have need of legal counsel for an Indiana case, please give me a call.

No comments: