Saturday, October 27, 2007

Looking for information on COBRA Insurance

What we can learn on a Saturday evening. Reading a new Indiana Court of Appeals case and I find a reference to a website, COBRA Insurance .com. I never heard of this site before. From the little I could see tonight it looks helpful.

Here is an excerpt from one page. I suggest those with an interest read the whole page.

COBRA Insurance - What is COBRA Insurance?:

"COBRA contains provisions giving certain former employees, retirees, spouses and dependent children the right to temporary continuation of health coverage at group rates. This coverage, however, is only available in specific instances. Group health coverage for COBRA participants is usually more expensive than health coverage for active employees, since usually the employer formerly paid a part of the premium. It is ordinarily less expensive, though, than individual health coverage."
I wish I could agree with the last sentence. From my cases where COBRA is an issue, I see no one able to pay the COBRA premiums.

No comments: