Saturday, November 24, 2007

Child Custody: News about Custody Evaluators

I caught a bit of a National Public Radio report on custody evaluators. You can listen to the report by clicking here. (The blog seems to be very multi-media today - see Divorce: Talking Mediation).

Nothing I heard really surprised me. A custody evaluator differs not one bit from any other expert witness. I always double check their opinion against the facts they cite (or do not cite) in the report. Faulty premises lead to faulty conclusions.

Having said that, I do wonder if the psychological evaluations as described in the news report would pass muster as scientific evidence under Indiana's Rules of Evidence.

If you are looking for more about child custody in Indiana, I suggest clicking the link below next to the word label that reads "child custody."

No comments: