Sunday, April 20, 2008

Amendment to Parenting Time Guidelines Now Online

I complained here about how the March 28 amendment could not be found online. I noticed today that the amendment is online here (PDF format). I still think the notice could have been better:

Parenting Time
[27 pages] Amendments Effective Jan. 1, 2008 and Mar. 28. 2008
(En Español)
I learned of a case this week where the custodial mother picked up a copy of the Parenting Time Guidelines from the court administrator for the Madison County Unified Courts and did not know of the amendment. She is now facing a petition to modify custody.

What is the moral of this? If you have online access, then keep up to date via the Internet instead of relying on hard copies that no one has any responsibility to update.

I want to repeat that these new amendments are not only important for the custodial parent but also for the non-custodial parent. Read it.

Remember if you are locating and need an attorney that I am taking on cases at this time.

No comments: