Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Collaborative Divorce Knowledge Kit

I am getting older. The older I get the more convinced I am that our family law system is terribly ineffective at dealing with the problems of families.

That statement annoys quite a few of my fellow attorneys and not a few judges. It also confuses potential clients. As I have consistently put it for years, divorce is traumatic enough without lawyers making it more so.

Which bring us to collaborative divorce. I have written before on the subject and those posts can be found in the archives. Mostly importantly, people need to understand collaborative divorce as a tool and not a panacea.

Which leads me to this post from Domestic Diversions Blog:

The International Academy of Collaborative Professionals wants you to discover the collaborative process and whether collaborative divorce is right for you. To that end and for a limited time, the IACP has created a kit that answers many of the common questions about collaborative divorce and has the kit available for download.
I suggest anyone interested check this out soon.

No comments: