Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Divorce Generation

Thanks to Massachusetts Divorce & Family Law Blog I found Newsweek's The Divorce Generation Grows Up.

I am four years older than the group examined in the article. My parents divorced in 1964. Still, many parts of the article rang very familiar to me. Having practiced family law for over twenty years now, I am surprised by two things: how much self-control my parents exercised over themselves and how little the post-Divorce Generation has in common with my parents. My parents had no or very few examples for how to deal with one another post-divorce. One would think with more examples there would be better behavior by the parties.

I suggest taking a look at Massachusetts Divorce & Family Law Blog's The Divorce Generation. Mr. Ballard makes some good observations about the article and its subject.

No comments: