Sunday, September 20, 2009

Divorce War Stories

When I first read Great divorce tips: What to take with you when you go, I thought there was no place for it on this blog.  Then I thought a little humor never hurts.

Getting divorced? Here are some true stories of divorce from the book "You Can Keep the Damn China!' And 824 Other Great Tips on Dealing with Divorce" (Hundreds of Heads Books, www.hundredsofheads.com, $13.95), straight from people who've lived it:
When you sell the house, don't tell the real estate agent that you are getting divorced, especially if it's a bitter divorce. That's because they'll let people know you're a motivated seller, and buyers will offer you less. You and your soon-to-be ex will both get more money if you present a united front to the agent. When we were house-hunting ourselves, my wife and I had been encouraged to bid low on properties where the sellers were getting divorced, so we knew better when it was our turn to sell under the same circumstances. - J.K., Los Angeles, Calif.
Remember, if you want more information about retaining me for a case, please give me a call at 765-641-7906.


No comments: