Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Educating the Public on Selling Real Estate

With the curent economy, selling real estate remains problematic.  Lugar Real Estate has a Squiddo lens, Selling Your Home, that seems to provide a bit of education on selling a how.  The creator explains his motivation for creating the page as follows:

I was motivated to create this lens because of a client who wanted to sell. Unfortunately, once we received an offer, my client discovered that he owed more on the home than he realized, which meant that he could not afford to sell his home. He had failed to understand that the home equity line of credit that he took out, coupled with the 100% financing he did when he bought the home caused him to be upside down in a market of decreasing home values. I had always had a policy to stay out of my client's mortgage business, but after his experience, I realized that not only do I have a right, but an obligation to know this information for mine, my client's, and the buyer's sake.

No comments: