Saturday, December 26, 2009

Throwing a Divorce Party

Let us just say that my Midwest conservatism leaves me a bit ambivalent about this post. I keep thinking I have mentioned this trend before but cannot find the post (if there was one). I can see the sense of a divorce party (and I suspect there have been many more long before the British made it popular but probably lacking the bonfire). Why it is here? Because this touches on a divorce issue that is emotional and that lawyers just do not handle well. So here goes:


4. Create a bonfire. There are bound to be one or two items you want to burn like the dress or his necktie from the big day, or pictures of the honeymoon, or whatever.

***

6. Don’t forget to show appreciation to all the people who stood by you during the tough time.

***

8. Make sure it is cathartic, don’t hold in or back. The point of it is to mark the end of the “nightmare.

And maybe get a cake, Hilarious Divorce Cakes. I do notice that these seem pitched to females.

Along similar lines - They Took Half. Which bills itself as the first registry for the newly single. Thanks to Judith Middleton and her THEY TOOK HALF for leading me to this.

No comments: