Pay attention to 10 things your children will thank you for from Woolley and Co. Solicitors:
1. Keeping arguments away from them and avoid criticism of the other parent.
2. Being able to talk to the other parent about their needs (even though it may be hard sometimes)
3. Allowing them to miss the other parent and make contact when they want to, even encouraging contact when you think they might want it.
4. Recognise they have feelings which might be confusing and contradictory.
5. Ask them what they think and listen to what they say (but do not make them responsible for decisions)
6. Value them as developing people with their own friends and networks
7. Remember they can cope with different rules so long as they know what to expect in each household.
8. Be consistent about arrangements made and not letting them down
9. Be flexible to their changing needs.
10. KNOWING THEY LOVE YOU BOTH AND WANT TO BE ABLE TO EXPRESS THEIR LOVE