Monday, July 9, 2007

Where to pay child - a rant of sorts

How many times does it have to be said: pay your child support through the clerk of the court. Do not pay the custodial parent directly!

A statute requires it and there is an even better reason: the clerk keeps better records than you or your former spouse. Better records lead to better health for you and for your lawyer. How so? Neither of you will have the stress and worry imposed by facing a contempt citation alleging years of non-payment increased by non-existent payment records.

For those paying the custodial parent directly, go to the county clerk and set up your payments. Do it today.

End of rant, thank you.

No comments: