Sunday, November 11, 2007

Divorce and pets, again

From California Divorce and Family Law, Dog caught in middle of divorce:

"Question: I recently got a divorce and we settled everything amicably, from our finances to property. The one thing we are still fighting over is our little dog. She was mine to begin with. I had her before we met, so I feel the dog is mine. However, my ex-wife is planning to sue me over this dog. She has become very attached to the dog and has demanded we share custody of it as if it was a child. I told her that was the stupidest thing I had ever heard and she became very angry. I think it’s just a ploy to still be in my life somehow. I would be hurt if I had to give up the dog, but it’s getting ridiculous. What should I do?"
I suggest reading the answer which the California Divorce and Family Law publishes.

Tracking back on the original source made me chuckle. I had to go to California to find an article in my hometown newspaper.

No comments: