Friday, April 10, 2009

Prenuptial Agreements - A Great Post on How to Start Conversation

I found a new blog, Musings, Legal Ease and other stuff, out of Ohio. Let me say I like the writer's style as well as the content of Prenupt: a great way to start a great relationship:

"The first problem is how to start the dialogue for a prenuptial agreement with your future spouse. No one wants to talk about what we will do if we get divorced, because getting divorced is the last thing you are thinking about while picking out wedding cake and wedding favors. (However, if the stress of this makes you think of running, that is understandable.) However, a prenuptial agreement is a way to make sure that you will be fair to the person you love even if the marriage thing doesn't work. One suggestion for bringing it up is to initially bring up the idea of prenuptial agreements (I heard that so-and-so got a prenuptial agreement; what do you think of that?) Maybe your fiance is also thinking about a prenuptial agreement and hasn't had the nerve to bring it up."
If you are thinking of a prenup but not sure how to talk to your future spouse, I suggest reading the whole of this post.

Remember, if you want more information about retaining me for a case, please give me a call at 765-641-7906.

No comments: