Friday, May 1, 2009

Direct Deposit of Child Support

Not something we can do in Madison County. I understand that Howard County allows for using electronic payments of child support. Some other counties apparently have direct deposit systems in place for non-custodial parents. (well, that is my observation from playing with this site and checking out the jurisdictions available). I think this is a good idea. I always think anything that insures my clients getting their payments to the County Clerk before 4:00 pm is a good thing.

For payments to the custodial parent, I was not aware of any Indiana counties set up to do this until I started working on this post. I learned that Madison County does do this but have no time to check my other counties. However, this may not be as good an idea for the payee as I think it is for the payor. The Georgia Family Law blog published How Support via Direct Deposit Damages Your Mortgage Application After Divorce which finds several problems for payees.

No comments: