Sunday, February 17, 2008

Study Shows Fathers Differ from Mothers

I caught up with Study: Divorce Affects Father-Child Relations on Dads Divorce and I am perplexed.

A team of Penn State researchers has discovered that in families with divorced parents, the emotional distance is the greatest between teenagers and their fathers, with repercussions affecting the children into their college years.
I had one reaction of what data supports the study while also thinking that this sounds like reality. I suggest reading the full post and ask how much of the behavior described comes from fitting into a role put upon us by society and how much of it is our own preference. Then decide how to change, if you want to change. I am still not satisfied if the study explains why instead of describing what is.

No comments: