Saturday, August 30, 2008

How to protect assets from a spouse in a divorce?

You need a prenuptial agreement or a post-nuptial agreement. Indiana law makes these agreements the only way to protect a spouse's assets from the other spouse. Anything else results in a more expensive divorce - the additional cost coming from having to track down the hidden assets.

If you are an Indiana resident wanting a prenuptial or post-nuptial agreement, please give me a call.


Anonymous said...

have a post nup, noterized, fair, and put inplace to regain trust from adultry...she did not seek legal rep, it was staright forward..and again fair. Does it have a chance to stand up in a IN court?

Sam Hasler said...

I cannot give legal advice on this blog. Which is what it says on the disclaimer and at the top of the page. For those wondering why I cannot, Anonymous' comment is a good example. While giving a good, if misspelled statement of the facts, still leaves me with questions about the facts surrounding the signing of the pre-nup as well complete ignorance of the what the pre-nup says. No way to give the kind of answer sought.